The Toronto GTA Chapter is one of the seven Chapters of the American Chamber of Commerce in Canada (AmCham Canada) – a proud member of more than 116 American Chambers of Commerce located in 103 countries all around the globe.
The Toronto GTA Chapter of AmCham Canada supports its members, interested non-member companies, all levels of government and individuals located in Toronto and in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) by facilitating networking opportunities, provide timely information, working with members to identify and solve business issues, and advancing our members interests in cross border trade and commerce.
The Toronto GTA Chapter serves as the first and most comprehensive point of contact for U.S. businesses coming into Canada and Canadian businesses seeking to develop markets into the United States. We introduce members to each other through formal and informal communications and events and networking opportunities.
We work closely with the U.S. Consulate General and State Representatives in Toronto, Chambers of Commerce in Ontario, Boards of Trade, and Federal, Provincial, City and Municipal government officials, to name a few.
In 2014, the Toronto GTA Chapter of AmCham Canada will:
- Continue to work with the official policy lead for AmCham Canada, the National Capital Chapter, toward the creation and on-going development of AmCham Canada’s “National Policy Framework”.
- Re-establish a Finance Committee and a Cross Border Tax Committee to supplement the National Policy Agenda
- Focus on trade, commerce, business and investment and provide its members with multiple opportunities to interact with business executives and professionals through participation in one of its policy or industry committees.
- Increase awareness of the Chapter’s priorities and its members by liaising with U.S. and Canadian government entities, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C., its Americas International Division and other Chambers of Commerce in Ontario and abroad.
- Enable members to be more connected with North American opportunities by:
- Developing themed events
- Organize business round tables, information sessions, keynote speakers and member meetings
- Organize incoming and outgoing Trade Mission
- Provide members with critical and timely information on business opportunities, economic concern and policy development
- Utilize IT technologies to disseminate information (i.e. website, newsletter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Publish key issues and concerns and communicate members issues, concerns and impediments, to business opportunities
Address: 157 Adelaide Street West, Suite 722, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4E7, Canada